Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Extraneous surface-like appendages in a part?

brooks_talleybrooks_talley Member Posts: 27
I've got a document that I'm 99% sure has suffered some kind of tech issue. Document: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/f7a9c09734b048d4f4637d6a/w/df7c8ef7fa0227e0adc81c99/e/0f7341c28e357814b55e309b

I've stripped it down to be just derived parts, a sketch that uses that a derived part, and a simple blind extrude. The result is... unexpected:

The twisting loft-ish thing does look like something I was experimenting with in an earlier version of the document. But I can't see any reason that it should appear now. If I target one of those appendages with "delete surface", it immediately says "missing feature."

I can recreate the part studio easily enough, but figured I'd ask in case there's an easy fix or if there's any value to Onshape in having the misbehaving document.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 697
    @brooks_talley
    Are you still seeing this issue ? i've just opened your document and it looks fine. I suspect that the issue was caused by some runtime data being processed incorrectly and got "repaired" by closing and opening the document.  If you still see the problem, please let support know, we might need to clear the cache for this document.