Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

creating a drawing

I am trying to create a drawing for an assignment, I have created a document, but when I click on the plus sign and select create a drawing there is a message saying I have no documents, the only choices available to me are the onshape selections. any ideas?

Answers

• Paul_J_PremakumarPaul_J_Premakumar Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 197
    Hi Caroline,

-  Which browser are you using? If you are using Edge or IE, Can you try it out on Chrome, Firefox or Safari.
    - If  all the browsers have the same issue, can you share your document? 
    - Does this happen to a specific document or all documents ( if you don't have any, make a copy of a public document and try it out)?

For reference, here is what I see when I click the + sign

• NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,310
    Hi @caroline_chamberlain the dialog you are seeing is the drawing template dialog - the parts/assemblies to add to the drawing are done in the next step.

Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI