Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Issue with Creating Rib on outside of a part

tim_gornettim_gornet Member Posts: 2 EDU
I need to make a very complex set of ribs on the outside of the part. I created a midplane on the part and then did a intersection of the plane and external surfaces to get my geometry. OnShape doesn't allow me to create a rib projecting outward normal from the part. I then offset my geometry and tried to create the rib but it won't create the rib from the geometry for the entire curve. The normals appear to be flipped on two of the segments. Any thoughts? 

Comments

• Options
    tim_gornettim_gornet Member Posts: 2 EDU
    Update.... If I deselect the two lines in which the normal is incorrect and create that Rib Feature and then come back with a second Rib Feature and pick the two lines that did not work I do get the rib to work around the part.