Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape, CAD, maker project and design.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:

1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

New FeatureScript: Full round fillet

emagdalenaC2CemagdalenaC2C Member, Developers, Configurations EVP Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
edited July 19 in FeatureScript
Hereunder you can find a link to a new FeatureScript to create full rounded fillets.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/3d52520839c0fa3587798c0f/w/2c36a47f3c428c7a3f8e3a5f/e/d04263a8cc0e773b0f18b0b9

You can test it in two flavors:
  • C2C Full Round Fillet (A separated feature to create full round fillets)
  • C2C New Fillet (The same feature but integrated with the Onshape's standard fillet feature)
It also works fine with sheetmetal parts

Un saludo,                                                                                                                   Perfil en LinkedIn Averigua a quién conocemos en común
Eduardo Magdalena
C2i Change 2 improve
Optimización de procesos
www.c2i.es

☑ ¿Por qué no organizamos una reunión online?
Selecciona el día y la hora que más te interese

C2C Close 2 Circle™
Consulting Partner de Onshape
www.close2circle.com

Comments

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Configurations EVP Posts: 1,245 PRO
    Nice work, I often want this feature and the 2 edge method rather than the 3 faces works well and is quick, however, I wonder if a 3 face selection could also be an option?

I'd love to see this or something similar incorporated into the standard fillet tool.
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • emagdalenaC2CemagdalenaC2C Member, Developers, Configurations EVP Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    edited July 19
    I've thinking of that but finally I asked myself... why?
    You need 2 extra things that you really don't need: 
    1. One more entity selection
    2. Rotate the view almost all the time so you can select the 3 faces
    Try it, I prefer the 2 edges selection ;-)

You can see it working in the "custom" standard fillet I have created --> Look at the Part Studio "New Fillet samples"
    Un saludo,                                                                                                                   Perfil en LinkedIn Averigua a quién conocemos en común
    Eduardo Magdalena
    C2i Change 2 improve
    Optimización de procesos
    www.c2i.es

C2C Close 2 Circle™
    www.close2circle.com

• brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, Configurations EVP Posts: 1,245 PRO
    I definitely prefer 2 edges too. It saves the rotating and extra select and I can't see where 3 faces would have an advantage over 2 edges
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • emagdalenaC2CemagdalenaC2C Member, Developers, Configurations EVP Posts: 169 ✭✭✭
    Due to the improvements in the fillet feature released in the last version of Onshape, we have edit our "C2C NewFillet" feature.

With this "C2C New Fillet2" feature you can create:
    • simple fillets
    • variable fillets
    • and full fillets
    all integrated in a single feature.

Eduardo Magdalena
    C2i Change 2 improve
    Optimización de procesos
    www.c2i.es

C2C Close 2 Circle™
    www.close2circle.com