Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Design Rights as Public User

cory_ibanezcory_ibanez Member Posts: 10
Hi I am curious about my design rights as a public user. I have read the terms and conditions about who is in ownership of designs made as a public user and it seems that the designs are still owned by me if I make them even as a public user. But my question is, am I allowed to use the models I designed and for example 3d print and sell these models that I designed using onshape as a public user?

Comments

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    @cory_ibanez - yes, you are still the owner of the designs, but as a free user, you are making a public disclosure of your IP which makes it very hard (if not impossible) to obtain a patent.
    Philip Thomas - Onshape