Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Removing part of extrusion

craig_barancraig_baran Member Posts: 10
Hey guys.
Been fiddling as i do just getting my head around cad. I've started modelling a new tank for my hog and want to remove the part of the fill pipe from inside the tank so it is flush with the inner wall.
here is the link if you could assist that would be great.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/5be6c4def5730271cddfebf8/w/f1c0be03eab556b140eeeede/e/3460ebe3460119f07128449a

Its probably simple and I've missed it and will probably slap myself up side the head when i see it.

Cheers

Craig

Comments

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    edited August 2017
    Hi @craig_baran, welcome to the forum.

There are plenty of ways to do this.

You could:-

(a) Delete the faces that poke through
    (b) Split the part and delete the part you don't want.
    but a more sensible option
    (c) Don't have it poke through in the first place.

This is what I've done here, by changing  "Extrude 6" from "blind" to "up to part".

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/e1cef82efa412ff35de57615/w/a6a25a4292aa0aa756fb34f3/e/6edd0b2e4fe5f34cfde3bd7b

BTW for the sake of your sanity in 6 months when you look for this document never accept the default "untitled document" name and possibly get into the habit of naming the features too.  Extrude 6 will mean nothing to you when you open your document later.

Hope that helps,

Owen S.

Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    craig_barancraig_baran Member Posts: 10
    Thanks Owen
    See told you i'd be slapping myself. I've done that before on other things but completely missed it.
    Ill take onboard the naming features etc.
    Craig
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    My pleasure.

Cheers, Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd