Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

I want to use isense 3d scanner to import a model which I must refine. How can I do it?.

natan_mintznatan_mintz Member Posts: 4
I saw it done in solidworks without any problem.

Answers

• Options
    Paul_J_PremakumarPaul_J_Premakumar Member, Onshape Employees Posts: 198
    Hi @natan_mintz

Onshape is able to import files of different formats. You can find a list here : https://cad.onshape.com/help/Content/translation.htm. Have your scanner export the scan data into any one of the supported formats and you can then upload it to Onshape.

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Natan - Onshape absolutely can import scan data and use it as a reference (snap-to, measure etc). Onshape has zero tools for manipulating a mesh. I do not know what you mean by 'refine', but if it involves changing the mesh in any way, it cannot be done in Onshape (as of 1.66)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    NeilCookeNeilCooke Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 5,416
    Or SolidWorks. 
    Senior Director, Technical Services, EMEAI