Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Mate to use for a Cam

ShepRCSShepRCS Member Posts: 9
Hi All

I've built Combers Rotary engine which uses a Cam to create rotary motion.  It appears circular although it is not quite.

I don't think that there is a Mate/Relation I can apply that will make the engine actually work when I spin the shaft?  It would be a mate between the bearing and the cam ring or a relation between the piston and the model  like a rack and pinion but it needs to go up for 180deg and down for the rest.  Anyone with any ideas on this?

Here is a link to the model I hope (just copied the address bar from the model which I have made public)

Shep

Best Answer

Answers

• ShepRCSShepRCS Member Posts: 9
    Thanks @Andrew_Troup I hadn't seen that thread.  Answers my question perfectly.  Just wanted to make sure that I wasn't missing an obscure use of something we already had!

Waiting on Cam Mate then!

Shep
  • kesava_prasad_t_dkesava_prasad_t_d OS Professional Posts: 9 ✭✭
    Eagerly awaiting a cam/path mate from OnShape.
  • Stuart_TodStuart_Tod Member Posts: 56 PRO
    @richard_55 , @kesava_prasad_t_d ,

There is a post in the Improvement Request section for completion of the Mates Suite, including Cam. Head on over there and vote it up!