Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

How to create this folding wrap (cardboard) using Sheetmetal

ian_maleyian_maley Member Posts: 6 PRO
Hi all, I'm new to OnShape and relearning CAD after a very long time, I have been through the sheet metal tutorial and got so far with attempting the task in the link but fail when it comes to trying to create and fold the diagonal creases to try and replicate the FEFCO 0309 style of crease folds (uploaded in the document) If any one has any starting points on this I'm happy to tackle. The sketch shows the 2D of the proposed part.
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/c0468edb636d0cd3ccb72168/w/4b1ff1686378871c76b6f0d4/e/063e0f8f124863acd2621739
Thanks in advance
Ian.

Comments

• Options
    konstantin_shiriazdanovkonstantin_shiriazdanov Member Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2017
    don't think onshape sheet metal can do this because in the corners of your box you will have a complex geometry of surface with double curvature which can't be flattened.

• Options
    ian_maleyian_maley Member Posts: 6 PRO
    don't think onshape sheet metal can do this because in the corners of your box you will have a complex geometry of surface with double curvature which can't be flattened.

OK, I wasn't sure, I'll submit a request and see, thanks Ian