Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Is it possible to restore previous sessions at login?

jamescbonneyjamescbonney Member Posts: 14 ✭✭
I use multiple tabs at a time. When I put my computer to sleep I am logged out of the tabs. When I want to resume working I have to login and open the documents page. Is there a way to resume where I left off with my tabs rather than hunting down everything? 

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi James,

Try the following:
    When you wake your computer up from sleep, open a new tab or window and navigate to cad.onshape.com, then log in.  You can now close this extra window and go reload all the tabs you have open.  They should reload to the same documents that were open in them.

Does this work? It may not if your browser is attempting to reload all of the pages when you wake your computer up.  The key is to log back in to Onshape before reloading your document tabs.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    Hi Jake, 

Thanks for the response. I tried that method, but was not able to refresh my last workspace. 

I opened a new window to login. Then refreshed the individual workspace tabs that displayed login pages. After refreshing the tabs loaded Documents pages. 

I'm running onshape in Chrome Version 60.0.3112.90 (Official Build) (64-bit)
  • Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    James,

If they're showing login pages, that means they already tried to refresh (and therefore navigated to a different URL than the document you're trying to reach).  Maybe try the following: Before you sleep your computer, close the windows with all your onshape tabs.  Upon waking up, open a new window, log in to onshape, close that window, then open the History dropdown of chrome.  You should see something like "# tabs > " under the "Recently closed" section.  If you hover over "# tabs >" you can click "Restore all tabs".

I hope this works but YMMV.  If you file a support ticket from the '?' menu of your part studio, our UI team can take a look at whether your issue can be solved by some creative use of cookies, or whether it's purely a browser issue that's out of our control.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • Options
    Ah, that seems like it may do the trick. I will give it a try soon. Thank you Jake.