Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Changes to sketch tools after Sept. 8 update

james_kennedy096james_kennedy096 Member Posts: 3
After the Sept. 8 update, many basic sketch tools (circle, rectangle, curve, etc.) are not available. When I click customise toolbar, it says that all available tools are on the toolbar. Is this change intentional.

Best Answer

Answers

• Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    edited September 2017
    Hi James,

These sketch tools are still available, you just can't add them to the "solid modeling" toolbar (as they don't really have a function in this context).  If you would like to edit the sketch toolbar, start a sketch and select a sketch plane (all the expected sketch tools should now be in the top bar), then right click on any tool and select "Customize toolbar..."

Let us know if this works!

Edit: Sorry for the bad info James.  Thanks Jordan and Gaby!
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team
  • grochinogrochino Moderator, Onshape Employees, User Group Leader Posts: 44
    Hi James,

I've logged a Support Ticket for you.
  • james_kennedy096james_kennedy096 Member Posts: 3
    jordan_simonds said:
    Hey James! This is not intentional, your toolbars should have the same tools as they did before.

Can I ask which browser you are using? We are tracking down a similar issue with older versions of Safari.

Also, if you haven't already, please submit a support ticket so we can let you know if/when the issue is fixed. thanks!

EDIT: grammar
    I am using Safari Version 9.1.3. I tried it on Chrome and it works fine. Thanks for the help