Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Extrusion not making one opening.

jim_thompsonjim_thompson Member Posts: 7
I recently changed my sketch for the front plane to the top plane.  I also my a couple of other small dimensional changes.  When I choose to extrude the sketch 0.2"  The two round holes are correct but the square hole in the middle extrudes as a solid instead of an opening.  This is new to me as I have printed 4 previous versions and the square opening was always there.  How do I get the rectangle to extrude as an open space?image

Best Answer

Answers

• lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @jim_thompson You can always just select the region you want to extrude, not just the entire sketch.  Is it possible that the lines are now construction?  They are ignored from solid operations.  You image is failing so I cannot see it.  You can also share this with support and I can take a closer look.  An image is a good start so I can suggest what is possibly happening.
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • jim_thompsonjim_thompson Member Posts: 7
    Lou-I have shared the part with OnShape support.
  • lougallolougallo Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 2,001
    @jim_thompsonTo share with support, from in Onshape, click Share and click the **Share with Onshape support** link in the bottom left of with window. Remember, you may revoke access at anytime by clicking "Unshare with Onshape support" and we will notify you when we resolve the issue.

did you share it directly?  That won't work since this is a shared account internally.  
    Lou Gallo / PD/UX - Support - Community / Onshape, Inc.
  • jim_thompsonjim_thompson Member Posts: 7
    I think that I have shared with support the correct way.