Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

How Do You Create Arms and Elbows?

matthew_lee582matthew_lee582 Member Posts: 3
edited October 2017 in Community Support
Hello! I am new to Onshape but my physics teacher recommended the forum if we had any questions since he was new to it as well.

Link: https://cad.onshape.com/documents/77a94cb40aef4a876f4d642d/w/4b305a45cf2f571286a3c775/e/b08b400edf72388ea610518d

I am fooling around and trying to create the character Waluigi and I was wondering how I create the arms. I tried mirroring the arms across the Right plane, but it wouldn't allow me to do that and creating an entirely new object resulted in an uneven arm. Is there any way to mirror one of the arms across the other side of the body? 

I decided to move onto elbows, the surface was uneven from the arm and the curve. Is there an option to straighten and smooth it out? Would it require a centering of the path on the surface somehow? 

Thanks for looking! Sorry if these are obvious

Best Answer

Answers

• matthew_lee582matthew_lee582 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the help! Really appreciate it
  • jharrell_simjharrell_sim Member Posts: 2 EDU
    If you curve an arm the way it is, is it really tangible towards the human body in every aspect of life.