Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sheet metal/cardboard flange around corner

TKLibraryTKLibrary Member Posts: 1 EDU
I'm not a sheet metal pro so there's probably a standard term for this kind of feature...

I'm trying to add a flange to sheet metal design which wraps around a corner and would be glued/riveted etc. to the perpendicular surface.  This is something commonly seen in, say, cardboard box construction. I can kind of fake this with extrudes and revolved, but in that case the geometry isn't part of the sheet metal feature which it needs to be for drawings/cutting templates.

Attached image shows the fake version (dark blue, yellow) to give an idea of what I want to achieve.  When trying to do this with a flange I believe it's intersecting with the other face which causes the flange feature to fail.  I can also get pretty close by adding some move-face features to clear the corner area but it's prone to failure if I change any of the box dimensions.

Comments