Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

form2 impresion with onshape bad configuration when exporting STL file?

franco_otaolafranco_otaola Member Posts: 23
it is almost sure that is a problem with the form2 but i tought about giving a try in onshape forum too.
hello,
i am beginning using the form2 and onshape too. i have donne two pieces here are the https://cad.onshape.com/documents/966ec463c87512c0b960ff76/w/bdd8da35f34c5b9131b19a5b/e/227273f8b1e8555876a021fb
 they are two pieces and i have exported (make the stl file) with the following configuration: 

and the piece arrives to a point (when i am printing it) and stops making the pieces, the form2 continues working like if there is no problem and i at the end i find some material polimerised in the lower part of the resin container, i have tried two times and the two times it stoped the print in the same spot. for the configuration in the form2 i have put it for tought resin, in 0.05mm and i made a angle of 20º in the X also support density at maximun (it doesnt give me any red points in the file indicating that could break the piece at that spot). i dont understand what it is wrong in the pieces or configuration or if it is something else. and maybe someone in the forum is using this printer and at the same time had the same problem
thanks a lot

Best Answer

Answers

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Hi.

I've not used the custom resolution but just leave it in fine and have never had an stl that fails to print.  (I'm FFF though not SLA)  Have you tried this fine option?

Cheers,

Owen S

Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • franco_otaolafranco_otaola Member Posts: 23
    because the SLA have a finner resolution i have put the custom to change the  chordal tolerance to a smaller value that is why it is in custom. me neither but the thing is that the form2 is normally a really fiable machine and the two prints stopped at the same spot what is really strange....
    thanks either way
  • Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi @franco_otaola ,

I've used the form2 a couple times and also just set the resolution to 'fine' with no issues.

Maybe @Jason_S can help.
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team