Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Strange errors in mirrored entities in DXF Exports

barnaby_relphbarnaby_relph Member Posts: 3
edited October 2017 in Community Support
Hi All,
  absolutely loving Onshape and have been designing some parts to be laser cut. My workflow is to design in part studio, then create drawings with views of the parts, which I can then clean up/scale in QCad, then feed to the laser. Initial tests of this worked well, but when I designed something a little more complicated, I got a strange error. The drawings themselves look great onscreen, but the generated DXF from a drawing has some features incorrectly placed. 

Here's a screenshot of the drawing in Onshape:

And here it is in QCad:
i
Opening the file in Inkscape does succeed, and I can re-save from there in DXF R14, but it seems odd. I think from memory that the laser cutting software I use also showed the same problems with the generated DXF as QCad does, but I'll confirm that tomorrow.

Given that Inkscape can handle the files, perhaps it's a defect in QCad, but I'm more curious than anything else as to how it's happening.

Thanks

Barny

Answers

• Options
    bobminerbobminer Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 50
    edited October 2017
    @barnaby_relph - Please submit a customer support ticket on this.  It looks like a possible bug in Onshape's export.  If it is, it's very important and we should be able to fix it quickly.  Thanks.

Bob Miner - Software Engineer / Dev Leader - Drawings - Onshape, Inc.

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    edited October 2017
    PLEASE REPORT A BUG - Not saying this is a bug, but we need to look at it to figure out what's going on!
    (Please make sure that you share the document with support)

Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    A support ticket for @barnaby_relph has been created.  We will get to the source of the issue here...