Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

OnShape for Education should be integrated with G Suite for Education

andrey_lavrovandrey_lavrov Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
Two years ago I asked here and on SketchUp forum for the following things:
1) Implement SSO with G Suite domain account for all CAD editions
2) Develop special edition for Education with G Suite for Education integration

SketchUp was listened me carefully and it have done exactly those two things. As a result they already have 10,000,000+ users from G Suite alone. 

OnShape said that it have no plans to allows users login into OnShape with Google accounts. As a result OnShape has so few users in total that it is shamed to even publish overall number.

OnShape outperform SketchUp in any part of pure CAD functionality. Don't drop great opportunity just start doing business.

For now G Suite for Education alone have more than 70 million users. Just do two things above and you get good part of this pie.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    jeffrey_ellenbogenjeffrey_ellenbogen Member Posts: 2 EDU
    Yes, yes, yes! We are a gSuite school and absolutely use Onshape with our younger students down to 2nd or 3rd grade. We currently try to teach Fusion 360, but Onshape is so much better! Please add the ability for schools to use Onshape with kids younger than 13!
  • Options
    jeffrey_ellenbogenjeffrey_ellenbogen Member Posts: 2 EDU
    This is an excellent point, Andrey. I would love to use Onshape with our younger students at our K-12 school. This tool is so much better than Fusion 360, which we currently try to use with these students. We are a