Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

New parts form context doesn´t apper in the assembly group

jack2017_meyerjack2017_meyer Member Posts: 4
Hi guys,

here is a beginner question.
I created a assembly group. On of the part in the assembly group has been changed in context.
In context I have also added a new part.
When I turn back to the assembly group the new part I have added does not apper there.
Do  I make a mistake somewhere ?

Comments

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Hi @jack2017_meyer
    I'm sure if you post a link to your document someone will be able to help.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    jack2017_meyerjack2017_meyer Member Posts: 4
    OK - here is the link - but is a general problem in my case. I might have the wrong approach or thinking.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/55577fe08e58b2d4535eba5c/w/cb122e3cde77fb9650ca2b70/e/b787de8acd7d08ba97e33bae

Sorry all names in the document are in German.

I want to add a new part to a assembly group (GRP GripDuck)
    So I click "edit in context" - add a new part to an existing part and then I want to go back to the assembly group with the new part right in place.
    But all new parts I have created in this way won´t appear in the assembly group.
    I always need to import the partstudio again to update the assy group with the new part - I´m sure there is a better way than I do it.

Please note - this is my firt 3D-CAD-drawing in my life and it is very fascinating. But I´m an absolute beginner.