Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Simple flat bottom hole?

adam_richardsonadam_richardson Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
Am I missing something obvious? I'm a newbie to Onshape, so could be... Using the Hole tool, it appears I can only make blind holes (ie not going all the way through) that have conical ends (as though drilled with a bit). Is there really not a way to make a simple flat bottom hole? Have looked through the documentation and not seen a way to do it, other than manually drawing the holes in a sketch and doing a remove-extrude.

Comments

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2017
    You're right. I couldn't find an option within the Hole feature for a flat bottom or 180deg drill. However, you can get around that by using Delete Face on the conical surface and capping it flat.
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    If you'd care to raise an improvement request I'll vote for it.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    adam_richardsonadam_richardson Member Posts: 34 ✭✭
    Done, thanks Owen
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Cheers, vote cast, OwS
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd