Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Extruding Multiple Faces of a Single Object

craig_fishcraig_fish Member Posts: 3
Hello,
How would you go about making a cube with a different pattern recessed into each face?
I've made the initial face and extruded it symmetrically for a total distance of 30mm. I did symmetric because this particular pattern I want to show on the two opposing faces. My pattern is extruded symmetrically to 28mm.

I then created a new plane offset 15mm to the right and did a new sketch for this face of the cube. However, I cannot "extrude" my new pattern into the face of the cube here.

Any advice?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    This is what I've got thus far.
    I guess I didn't realize I could sketch on an extruded surface.  :o

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/c7a9b0960f4c65c0fa62dba1/w/0b2cc9abcd28237e1f8bce7c/e/bcafbd2aca82f465228f54e6

• Options
    Owen,
    Your "remove" comment led me in the right direction. I wasn't selecting that in the tab at the top. Rookie mistake from a rookie.

Thanks!

:)
  • Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Sure thing, glad you got it working  :)
    Owen S
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd