Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Drawing View colors

Tru7hTru7h Member Posts: 18 ✭✭
Hey Onshapes,

Backstory: I'm working with a laser cutting vendor, and their system needs color coding to tell their machine whether to cut through or just engrave.

How do you make the view(s) in a Drawing page, say, (0,0,225) blue? It looks like you can have any color you want, as long as it's black.

Comments

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Yes currently we have Model-T syndrome.

I believe the current workflow is export from OS in the drawing type of your choice, and then use a 3rd party application to colour it in, or split over multiple layers.

I'm sure there will be an improvement request (forum category on the right) to cast your vote on, should you wish.

Cheers,

Owen S.
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    There is an Improvement Request here   Please go there to vote on it.

Although the request is for construction line color, I added a post to request pick color for any selection.  I found this useful for clarity.
    www.accuratepattern.com