Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Onshape must be usable offline

ryo_saebaryo_saeba Member Posts: 2
Hi,
Let me explain why i say "must".

I have tried different CAD motion assembly apps and Onshape seems to be what i look for.
But for me if the offline is not possible, it's a big problem.
Lot of my time, I'm not connected to the internet, and i need to develop my ideas, but it's not possible to use it offline.
I understand you need connected to your cloud, but maybe you can add for the pro users an offline cloud apps.

Thanks for your response.

Comments

• ryo_saebaryo_saeba Member Posts: 2
    I have a surface pro i7, there is no lte modem inside.
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Nice @ethan_1, or presumably you could tether to a pnone?

Owen S
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • diana_reboledodiana_reboledo Member Posts: 1 EDU
    Hello everybody.
    I agree with ryo_saeba. This program is really awesome, but in countries like mine, we don´t have internet very often. This program could work like a "google drive"... we design offline and then it sync to the cloud. Obviously all the team work part will be lost, but at least we can create parts and drawings offline.
  • PJ_BPJ_B Member Posts: 1
    I'm sitting on an Airplane.  They haven't upgraded to the latest satellite connection, so Onshape is just painfully slow. I need to work.

The work-around I plan to do for this is to have a back-up CAD system where I have to export my geometry and work on it.  Not for a permanent solution, but something that allows me to draw when I need to figure something out... then do the work for real when I get a real internet connection again.

Since I have committed to Onshape, I really do need to pick a suitable back-up CAD system.  Does anyone have a recommendation that gets me by with little to no cost?