Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Top Onshape Enhancement and Feature Script for 2017

bryan_lagrangebryan_lagrange Member, User Group Leader Posts: 796 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wanted to start a post for Onshape members to list what they believe is the top Onshape enhancement and feature script for 2017.

My vote for top Onshape enhancement:

The addition of sheet metal. Thank you @scott_harris, @lana, and the Onshape sheet metal team for brining us this. I am looking forward to more additions in 2018

My vote for top Onshpae feature script:

Break off tab. Thank you @jon_sorrells for this feature script.

So what was your favorite Onshape enhancement and feature script for 2017.

Bryan Lagrange
Twitter: @BryanLAGdesign

Comments

• Options
    lanalana Onshape Employees Posts: 696
    @bryan_lagrange
    Thank you for a kind mention. Sheet metal was and continues to be an effort of a much bigger group of people. We hope that continued improvements in this area empower our sheet metal users.
  • Options
    bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    So many good things this year! The following come to mind -  improvements in selection, more 3D curves, loft improvement, surfacing feature scripts (Extend Surface, Radiate Surface, Sculpt Face), doc & navigation mgmt (last opened by me, folders, tree collapse).

And my top pick for work we are doing:  Draft Analysis - an excellent implementation that I use daily.  It is a great help for molding and forming applications.
    www.accuratepattern.com
  • Options
    PeteYodisPeteYodis Moderator, Onshape Employees Posts: 519
    @bruce_williams We're glad you appreciate Draft Analysis and others.  We have much more to come.  As we like to say, we're just at the beginning.  It's really true.  We are working hard at building the best design platform on the planet to the benefit of our users.  Thanks to everyone here that is pouring into us as much as you do.  We'll pour it right back into the product you all want it to increasingly become.