Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Codes?

albert_sebastianalbert_sebastian Member Posts: 2
Hi before i start,
amazing stuff! i love the work, i am just waiting for more features to come on.
Also i would like to know, 
Do you intend to add any programming features? (maybe similar to openscad)
its mainly because today i had a problem. i wanted to design a sphere with a polygonal face all across.
now i developed a code to make something(still working on fixing the nodes in 3d). but if i am successful i will be able to get a sphere of my size, a polygon of n sides and s as length of each side and create an entire sphere just from these parameters. 
If not, any explanation why onshape will not move into such a platform?
In the case if that was not part of your initial ideas. is it possible to be added to your suggestions. in the future. 
Because i would love to create a few solids which can be used this way. its sometimes hard to model it one by one. for example the same case i would probably have to create a hollow sphere, cut out the polygon and then replicate it. which may or may not fit properly. 

Also, would u guys be having any plan to add some STL correction also with onshape. 

Thanks and Regards
Albert Sebastian

Comments

• Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,175
    I can't say much more yet, but I think you'll be happy with what we're working on on this front.   :)
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc