Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Marble machine tracks in Onshape

tarek_mustafatarek_mustafa Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
Hi Onshape Forum,

I like to challenge myself with a new little project and thought about building a nice marble machine for my children and myself :-)
My question, Is it possible in Onshape to design this kind of curves rails (as per enclosed picture?)
I currently just see the option to draw rails that are "flat" since restricted to a sketch plane.

Please let me know if there is a way to realise this kind of "freeform" shape or would I need to use different applications for that kind of design.

Thank you,
Tarek

Best Answers

Answers

• tarek_mustafatarek_mustafa Member Posts: 40 ✭✭
    Thank you @Dave_Petit  and @JakeRamsley. This is a way to realise what I was looking for but I think I will do it in other applications where just one sketch, one profile and one sweep is needed. Thanks again.