Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Combine Multiple Parts From One Sketch Into One Part

andy_kronquistandy_kronquist Member Posts: 5
I have multiple square features in a sketch that I want as a single part at some point. When I extrude the sketch, each square becomes a separate part. I can't get the single parts to become one part. I've tried Boolean Union several times with no luck. I'm pretty sure I've done this before but I can't remember how. In summary: If your sketch extrudes into multiple parts, how can you combine them into one part?
AEKron

Comments

• lemon1324lemon1324 Member, Developers Posts: 223 EDU
    As always, it's hard to help without posting a link to a public document illustrating what's going on.

Are all of your square features intersecting?  Onshape doesn't do multibody parts.  If the square features are disjoint from each other, wait to do the boolean until the part that they all attach to has been modeled, and then boolean everything together.
    Arul Suresh
    PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University
  • andy_kronquistandy_kronquist Member Posts: 5
    Yes you are correct. I needed to finish the model with the part that attaches everything together before the Boolean worked. Thank you very much!
    AEKron