Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

SolidCAM, An Onshape CAM Partner

jon_30jon_30 Member Posts: 38 ✭✭
edited May 2015 in General

http://www.practicalmachinist.com/vb/cad-cam/solidcam-claim-writing-50-cycle-time-reduction-fastest-cam-market-296071/

SolidCAM's Continued False Claims Keep Losing Them Customers In The USA

Typical comments:

"I think what is so disturbing is the whole marketing technique is based on bashing every other cam system on the market "Break the chains of your current CAM system Make more , Spend less and Automatic Speeds and feeds wizard. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but Featurecam has had this 8+ years. I did do a little comparison last night on the part below with a guy who has SC and using AFR and the SF/HSM wizard in Featurecam I had code before SC had a tool database. I'm not saying SC is a bad software but they have no basis to claim there software is better than any on the market as this can only be user preference. As far as "look at our customer testimonials", Well I have been in this business long enough to know there is no way possible to keep everybody happy so I really don't think you can say you have never had a complaint."

"Post the actual before and after machining processes with speeds/feeds/cut depths etc. Provide side by side video of both processes being cut...either in cam or live. Tell us what cam software you are out performing, or is it just fingercam? Sure is easy to reduce cycle time by 50% when the company is cutting the part inefficiently to start with."

"My favorite hyperbole ad is "get a free machine with SolidCAM"...because its 50% faster and that's like having a free machine...right

We have more than a handful of SolidCAM licenses and I have challenged the SCAM salesman on the guarantee of 50%. After some BSing truth be told the claim is only for imachining (ie roughing), special circumstances and against "legacy" tool path. So while SCAM says they have a "200MPG car" its only when going downhill, with the wind to the back and the motor off."

"Wow, 1000 views already. Most everyone here at PM is either a shop owner or in some level of management but either way I would venture to say that 75% of the viewers would not even consider purchasing SC after reading these comments. All this over a mass email marketing scam. Perhaps you should consider replacing Dan. He had the time to spam me but when he was called out to do a head to head challenge and back up what you people claim he just said " I got a chuckle from your email". If you ask me it is pretty pathetic that the mighty SolidCAM cowered away from a little Chinese school girl".

Jon Banquer

CADCAM Technology Leaders group on LinkedIn

Comments

• andrew_troupandrew_troup Member, Mentor Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 2015
    The interesting difference with Cassandra, was that it always turned out that she had been dead right.