Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Is there any optimization add on tools to Onshape??

I went through the Onshape app store but was unable to find one. 

Best Answer

Answers

• What type of optimization are you looking for?
    I am looking for structural optimization tools. Involving size, shape, and topology.
  • MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @pratheek_hosadurga_balaji

There might be something that someone has written in featurescript.Have you checked the featurescript section of the forum?

https://forum.onshape.com/categories/featurescript
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • joe_dunnejoe_dunne Onshape Employees, Developers, csevp Posts: 198
    For those of you interested in Generative Design. Expect to see several interesting additions to the Onshape App Store in the not to distant future. If you are able to attend the Pacific Design Show in Anaheim Feb 6-8. We will have a new partner demonstrating their Generative design Onshape Integrated Cloud App. Booth 3401. 

Anybody interested in getting early access. Please feel free to contact me personally. 

jdunne@onshape.com
    Joe Dunne / Onshape, Inc.
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    @joe_dunne Is this anything to do with a certain chap from hot wheels?
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd