Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Drawing sheet is displaying mm, sketch is displaying inches?!

kiarian_coohillkiarian_coohill Member Posts: 16 EDU
I've already set my profile to default using mm. Why then is the sketch showing in inches?! I want the sketch and my drawing, in fact everything, to show in mm.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    michael_mcclainmichael_mcclain Member Posts: 198 PRO
    There is a global setting for units in your account settings and there is also a workspace setting within a document.

In the top left will be the symbol for the three bars next to the Onshape logo. Click that and go to workspace units. You can change to whichever units works best for what you are doing with that document at that time. Very robust when working with mixed units or unit conversions.

The global setting controls newly created documents and the workspace units setting is a per-document control.

It could be that the document was created in imperial or switched to imperial at some point, but its very easy to change that setting
  • Options
    kiarian_coohillkiarian_coohill Member Posts: 16 EDU
    Thank you. That's exactly the info I was after.