Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Organizing 'Features' into expandable headings.

edward_casatiedward_casati Member Posts: 8
How do I clean up my 'Features' list so that it is not so long? Is there a way to make expandable 'headings' that contain groups of features?
For example, say I build an electronics box with mounting pegs and a cutout for sliding in another part.
I would like to be able to:
a) Build the raw box, with several sketches as part of the box. Do the extrusions, fillets, etc that make up the overall box. That will take say 18 'Features'.
b) I would like to be able to collapse the 18 feature list  into a single heading called 'Box', so basically the 'Feature' list is empty except for the 'Box' heading.
c) I would then build additional features such as the mounting pegs, detail them, and collapse them into a heading called 'Mounting pegs'.
d) Repeat for the cutout for the sliding part.

Currently my feature list gets very long, I'm wondering how to make it more manageable.
Tagged:

Comments