Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Revolute connectors, breaking

olivier_benoitolivier_benoit Member Posts: 5
I cannot find a way to solve the connections of 4 parts linked with 4 revolute connectors.
This is supposed to be easy but I have tried for hours all options without success.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/22eb8f99d7e3e06f78902120/w/0c35ca4e6d26c9e708ce6871/e/04c744e30db0c1a6878d0f51

Any help would be appreciated

Best Answers

Answers

• mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having issues with this, too. I would expect 4 revolute mates to break because you're it would overconstrain the assembly. You have to leave at least one pair free to translate along X. So setting the fourth mate to a cylindrical mate should do the trick... but it doesn't. Maybe a more savvy person or an OS employee will figure out what I can't.
  • mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Found something. Haven't fixed it yet. For some reason, not all your mating faces are parallel. Somewhere in there you have a draft or and almost-right angle that is hosing it all.
  • olivier_benoitolivier_benoit Member Posts: 5
    Thank you all for your help.
    I love onShape, I think it is an amazing tool and I am glade I got quick help on that one since I spent many hours on it on my own before reaching out to the community.