Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Add ability to prevent rotating parts from moving if they are blocked by other parts.

len_2len_2 Member Posts: 8
I have an assembly with what I'll call a swinging arm. It rotates about a point at one end. I want to stop the arm's swing when it contacts a pin, but right now the the arm just passes through the pin and swings 360 degrees. Responses to my question in the forums indicate that the ability to make the arm stop at the pin is not available in the Beta.

This note is a request for this feature. It should be possible to set a rotating part such that it cannot pass through another part, but instead is blocked. This would be helpful to note interferences, and to make sure that assembly has the motion freedom (or lack of) needed for the design.

Comments

• Options
    abefeldmanabefeldman Member Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    @len_2 - we have an open improvement to create an environment for assembly motion animation, including your no penetration condition.  Whether this will be built into the assembly studio or separate remains to be seen.  I will add you to the improvement.

In the future, you can submit feedback requests to us directly by clicking the ? in the upper right corner of any cad.onshape.com screen and selecting "Feedback" from the dropdown.

Abe Feldman
    UX/PD/Community Support