Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Beta of new integrated "Assembly Planning" App - who wants to check it out?

NikolaiNNikolaiN Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
Hi All,

There is a brand new "Assembly Planning for Onshape" App just developed. Not officially shipped yet.
The App allows to define mfg/supply Routing for your product, to estimate and to optimize mfg/supply schedule and costs, to get summarized Material Requirements considering mfg/supply schedule, and to provide full BOM+Routing data for MRP/SCM/ERP needs.

Interested?

Beta testing program starts now. If you want to join it and to bring you ideas and to make the App better - please just send me a personal message.
Notes:
- The program is limited in terms of time and the number of participants.
- For participating, you should have a Professional Onshape Account.
- Sure, bonuses (on App's "Pro" Subscription) will be provided for participants.

Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• NikolaiNNikolaiN Member Posts: 6 ✭✭
    UPD:
    • Pro Account is not required now, the App can be used with Free Onshape Account as well.
    • See some additional info about the App (incl short Quick Tour video) here: https://dmlinkup.com/assemblyplanning/
    And one more note: the app is not publicly available in Onshape App Store yet. If interested, please just ping me, I will include you into app's "Beta testing team" (if it's not too late).
  • yong_kimyong_kim Member Posts: 30 ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    test
    Thanks for the response @yong_kim , I have just sent you a personal message.

PS: Guys I forgot to mention one more thing - with the request in a personal message, please send me your email address, so I can add you into the group quickly.
    UPD:
    • The beta testing program is finished, the App is publicly available in Onshape App Store now (see it in Data Management category).
    • Thanks All for the feedback on beta testing stage!
    • Known bugs are fixed, some new (and cool) functionality is added. See an info here: https://dmlinkup.com/assemblyplanning.
    • Enjoy!

• michael_bromleymichael_bromley Member Posts: 110 PRO
    Very cool application, I'm not sure we are at a stage to use it yet as most of projects are more research/development work and not production.  However, I can see the value in being able to build all of that detail into CAD.  As mentioned in the app page it would be great to team up with a cloud based ERP software at some point to continue integration.