Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Hole Feature Improvements

chris_sturgischris_sturgis Member Posts: 25 ✭✭
I'd like to see some improvements to the Hole Feature. As I have seen mentioned elsewhere it would be nice to expand the types of holes you can create with it (different threads and sizes) I think it could be combined with the new standard parts library so you can just select the bolt type you want to use and voila youre all set.

Additonally I would like more placement options. Currently you have to use a sketch point, more precisely you have to use a sketch point on the plane from which your hole begins. I would like to see the option to select a sketch point on any plane, then have a secondary selection to define the start plane and direction of the hole.

Comments

• mike_bosschermike_bosscher Member Posts: 2
    I 100% agree!!! I'm coming from SolidWorks, where you're able to use a different plane to start the holes that then one that the sketch is located on. I tend to work from master sketches on the three primary planes, which is great in SolidWorks, but doing so in OnShape requires a lot of extra sketches utilitizing the 'use' command...
  • Marc_MillerMarc_Miller Member Posts: 110 ✭✭✭
    Oh yes @chris_sturgis being able to start the hole on a different plane then the sketch point would be quite useful.