Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Feature UI: Input grouping

lemon1324lemon1324 Member, Developers Posts: 223 EDU
Would it be possible to add the ability to group feature UI elements visually?  The Laser Joint UI has a lot of options which then conditionally display further options, and it would be nice if these were clearly associated for the user.

So in this example, either indenting, shading, or a combination of both.  Suggested syntax would be something like
annotation { "Name" : "Allowance", "UIHint" : ["DISPLAY_INDENTED", "REMEMBER_PREVIOUS_VALUE"] }
isLength(definition.allowanceVal, FIT_OFFSET_LENGTH_BOUNDS);
Ideally this would be a small enough indent that DISPLAY_SHORT can also be used on the same line, if possible.

I'll raise it as an improvement request if it makes sense; I'm not sure if anyone other than me needs this functionality.
Arul Suresh
PhD, Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University

Comments