Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Sketch Extend Tool

mark_biasottimark_biasotti Member Posts: 123 ✭✭✭
I'm not liking how this tool works and find that it is a bit cumbersome to use (over other sketch tools I've used.) First off, there is no quick trim corner tool - I'm I'm really missing that. Second, I'm usually using this tool to trying and close off sketch profiles. The fact that the user must "manual" drag the endpoint of the entity to the existing entity that the user wants to extend it to is is more work and takes more dexterity than say a click and then a second click (for the entity to extend to.) I'm also finding it a bit buggy also: some times when I extend the line to another line, it snaps but with no highlight, and subsequently there is no constraint made (even thou I extended it.)

Mark