Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Removing a section of a extruded tab

mark_cunninghammark_cunningham Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
edited February 2018 in General
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/5248b23741bbb4ad0133e9ca/w/4db2a12bd146cc9851d6291c/e/0ff91e50b1f6d3429c59ba46
If you look at these tabs you might see that from the edge of the radius that they are cut back to a degree, but not all the way up the tab so as to leave a beveled top. This is so it can snap into place to there perspective slots. I'm trying to figure out how to cut a section of the tabs back from the edge of the radius.

Comments

• bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    1) make a revolve remove to cut the relief  OR
    2) start over with a revolved shape including the relief & bevel.  Then do an extrude remove to take out material between tabs

www.accuratepattern.com
  • mark_cunninghammark_cunningham Member Posts: 78 ✭✭
    Thanks for the reply Bruce. If I knew the procedure for resolve remove i would rather do that! Once my parts are shown as a extruded solid i don't how to change anything.
  • bruce_williamsbruce_williams Member, Developers Posts: 842 PRO
    The Learning Center is a great place to find how to use Onshape.  It is under the question mark menu.
    www.accuratepattern.com