Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

My last design is made of many parts

alain_mouettealain_mouette Member Posts: 1
This is the first time that it happens: my last design has a lot of parts. I had to do a boolean operation to have a single part again !!!
This never happened before, there was only one part that I could simply export as STL.

Please tell me what I may have done differently, so that my future designs come out as just one part. I am concerned of doing something wrong and end up exporting with some missing part...

Comments

• Options
    owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    edited February 2018
    We would need a link to your document to be able to see what you've done...
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    There is nothing wrong with using a boolean to join your separate parts into one. However, if that was not your intent, you can avoid having separate parts by using the "Add" option in all your features instead of the "New" option. "New" creates geometry as a separate part. "Add" automatically merges new geometry with existing geometry.