Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Rotate sketch object by reference angle

CasparCaspar Member Posts: 17 ✭✭
Hi All,

I would like to align the contents of my imported .png with the z axis of the part studio (construction line, blue).

The image itself is a little misaligned from its border.

I've traced the (yellow) line over the image to represent the intended vertical position of the imported drawing, this line and the .png aren't constrained relative to each other.

I'd like to rotate the image and the yellow line to the vertically aligned (blue) construction line

I'm using the transform command, problem is when I drag the triad it doesn't automatically align with the (central, yellow) line so I can't then snap it to the blue construction line.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/4c766f90b70a507b179b8dea/w/7b471249663b0d3fec291bfc/e/f0ca38e5e18f285011186764

Best Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Thanks both!

Answers

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often find it helpful to pre-process a reference image before importing into CAD. That makes it much easier to scale and orient correctly. You can use any image editor, but I find Paint.net to be useful. In your case, I'd use the image editor to get proper alignment and then crop the border so that there is no extra space. Only then do you import into OS.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Thanks both!