Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Regarding animation

chand_bashachand_basha Member Posts: 63 EDU
hi, 
    how two give animation for two different mates at a time (probably one revolute & one slider) and how to save that animation as a video. some one help me.

Answers

• Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Look into mate relations. Specifically, if you want to relate rotation of one mate to linear motion of another mate, you would use a Screw Relation.

• Options
    chand_bashachand_basha Member Posts: 63 EDU
    not that one sir, i want to see both revolute and sliding of the swash plate at a time.

• Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @chand_basha

Could you share a link, please?
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100
  • Options
    mahirmahir Member, Developers Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll say it again. Animating a revolute and sliding mate at the same time requires the the Screw Relation unless you have other parts driving the separate motion. But if I recall correctly, your test assembly has the swash plate assembly modeled/mated in such a way that it would not rotate anyway. In the real world, rotating the upper drive ring won't rotate the swash plate. It will only move it up and down. I think maybe you should do a few assembly tutorials. Learn to walk before you run.