Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Diagonal dimensioning in drawings

Hello, I am a newbee to Onshape. I am liking what I am discovering. But I, would like to know if there is a way to insert a diagonal dimension in the drawings process? It keeps jumping from horizonal, to vertical. Am I missing some trick?
Thanks

Answers

• Options
    brucebartlettbrucebartlett Member, OS Professional, Mentor, User Group Leader Posts: 2,137 PRO
    edited March 2018
    I found it hard to get it to work recently when doing a drawing. Afer a few frustrating minutes, I found I had to drag up to the top right and it started working for me.  I had not experienced this problem before. 
    Engineer ı Product Designer ı Onshape Consulting Partner
    Twitter: @onshapetricks  & @babart1977   
  • Options
    john_mcclaryjohn_mcclary Member, Developers Posts: 3,901 PRO
    are you selecting the diagonal edge? or the two points of the diagonal?

• Options
    terry_falldorfterry_falldorf Member Posts: 7
    John, Thankyou for the quick response. But I am trying to get diagnal from corner to corner of a rectangle to show the square of the rectangle. I think I'm going to have to draw a construction line from corner to corner and dimension that? 
    THANKS AGAIN!
  • Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    John, Thankyou for the quick response. But I am trying to get diagnal from corner to corner of a rectangle to show the square of the rectangle. I think I'm going to have to draw a construction line from corner to corner and dimension that? 
    THANKS AGAIN!
    @terry_falldorf
    You won't have to do a construction line, just move your mouse up to the far top right or far top left.
    It will then go diagonal and you can move your mouse back in.
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100