Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Version and history for single part studio

mrlefebvre101mrlefebvre101 Member Posts: 10 EDU
Apologies in advance if this has been asked.  Couldn't find it by searching.

I'm teaching OnShape to a high school class, and their capstone project involves 24 parts that students model with partners (each taking 12), and then they each create an assembly from the 24 parts.  When I'm checking their work, they don't always name their tabs in ways that let me know who created which part, and searching the history as a document is overwhelming.

Is there a way to get history specific to a part studio?  This would help me more readily detect copying and assign credit appropriately for completed work.

Thanks
Marc
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    MBartlett21MBartlett21 Member, OS Professional, Developers Posts: 2,034 EDU
    @mrlefebvre101

A workaround for the moment would be to have each set of partners create a separate document and work on their thing in there.
    To make the assembly:
    1. Create a new document and make an empty assembly
    2. Insert the parts as linked documents
    mb - draftsman - also FS author: View FeatureScripts
    IR for AS/NZS 1100