Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Configuration performance limit

jon_loschkejon_loschke Member Posts: 26 ✭✭
I turned on configurations (which is an awesome and powerful feature) but unfortunately it increased response time 10-100x, rendering my project useless. Just changing visibility of a feature takes several minutes.  I only had one sketch dimension and one suppression option enabled.  I removed all configurations completely and now the interactivity has restored.  Is there a practical feature limit for using configurations?  I have ~350 features in this part studio.  I would love to be able to use configurations.

Comments

• Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,178
    The presence of configurations should not affect performance by itself.  Switching configurations or editing configuration options can cause expensive regeneration, but if all you're doing is e.g. suppressing a feature, it shouldn't matter if you have configurations or not -- the time for that should depend on the number of features that follow (they need to be regenerated).  If you'd like us to take a look, please post a link to a version where you have configurations and a description of the operation that takes an unreasonably long time.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc