Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Forum Tools Or Lack Thereof?

larry_haweslarry_hawes Member Posts: 478 PRO
I've participated with many many versions forum software over that last 20 years or so but can't seem to understand this forum's tools - at all. Is there a manual of sorts? Or a tool bar? Or some easy way to figure it out? Are there features (like delete) that just don't exist? I can find an edit button but that's about it... Sorry, a bit frustrated and surprised that OnShape's complete approach to their GUI would offer such forum software - again, unless I'm missing something simple.

Comments

• Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Larry - the forum tools are off-the-shelf - the platform is 'Vanilla' - https://vanillaforums.com/en/software/
    Perhaps a quick google would yield the answers you seek - or feel free to post specific questions.
    (didn't mean to sound like Yoda, but you get the idea :))
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    larry_haweslarry_hawes Member Posts: 478 PRO
    edited April 2018
    Larry - the forum tools are off-the-shelf - the platform is 'Vanilla' - https://vanillaforums.com/en/software/
    Perhaps a quick google would yield the answers you seek - or feel free to post specific questions.
    (didn't mean to sound like Yoda, but you get the idea :))
    Thanks Philip,

I'm used to seeing simple tools like 'delete post' 'follow thread' 'follow forum' that are also simple to find and follow. Nothing I can't live without but just a little more difficult to navigate than it should be IMO. I'm sure you have higher priorities but just a nudge to make thing everywhere just a bit easier to understand.
  • Options
    Jake_RosenfeldJake_Rosenfeld Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,646
    Hi @larry_hawes

As of now, there is no option to delete threads/comments on our forum.  Sometimes this leads to glitches like an accidental double comment or a post left hanging around, but we think its useful to leave old posts and comments so that other users can search through solutions other people have found.

As for 'follow thread', you can bookmark any thread by clicking the star next to it on the main page, or at the top of the thread.  Then, when people comment on that thread you can get an email or notification depending on your notification settings:
    https://forum.onshape.com/profile/preferences
    Jake Rosenfeld - Modeling Team