Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Possible to view sketch dimensions once a part has been made into a version?

Brian_McVeighBrian_McVeigh Member Posts: 78 PRO
I'm working on a new version of a part, and wanted to go back and look at what dimensions I used in a sketch for a previous version but this doesn't seem possible, or am I missing something?  I understand that the older version cannot be edited, but is it not possible to go into sketch view anymore?

Comments

• Options
    brian_jordanbrian_jordan Member, Developers Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    edited April 2018
    I ran into this yesterday. After a bit of head-scratching I found that copying the sketch from the older version and pasting it somewhere (in my case a new part studio) let me get at most of the information I needed (variables driving part of the sketch didn't transfer). I'm sure there is a better way but this might let you get at the data you need.
  • Options
    philip_thomasphilip_thomas Member, Moderator, Onshape Employees, Developers Posts: 1,381
    Another option is to branch from the version. 
    At that point, you will have a new 'work space' that you can do anything you want to.
    Once you have finished, just delete that workspace.
    Very easy, very clean.
    :)
    Philip Thomas - Onshape
  • Options
    brian_jordanbrian_jordan Member, Developers Posts: 139 ✭✭✭
    @philip_thomas Like I said "I'm sure there's a better way" Of course there is! Thank you.