Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Limit linear pattern to boundaries

paul_chrastinapaul_chrastina Member Posts: 2
Hi! I essentially have a box (open top) and am trying to put holes through two opposite sides. I'm making the holes from an extruded sketch that is linearly patterned in two directions. I'd like to have a border so that the holes don't go right to the edges, but I haven't found the right way to do it.

I've tried using Split to apply the pattern to only the interior area, but I'm not getting multiple parts. I've tried using boolean to limit the holes to the interior region, but I can't seem to find the right setup.

Can anyone give me some tips on what the best approach is, or general feedback that would make this better? Thanks!

File:
https://cad.onshape.com/documents/3ad46824cf64d1a26ea69718/w/dce18624986b88758f553ef8/e/471e237d23e3a462aee1418f

Comments