Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Performance issues with configurations

dick_van_der_vaartdick_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 51 PRO
I've noticed that building Part Studio's with configurations can end with a lot of waiting time.
Especially in combination with sheetmetal features.
After you get more than 100 features it get's annoying, even simple action's like creating a new sketch takes as long as the total regeneration time.
In other Part Studio's without configurations I don't have that problem.
My system performance is as always see screenshot and I never had problems before handling big Assemblies or Part Studio's
Tips to avoid this are welcome

Comments

• Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,178
    Sorry that you're having issues.  We're aware of scenarios where if you work with a drawing (or have an assembly referencing a part studio simultaneously open) where we regenerate a configured part studio too frequently.  We're looking into ways to resolve them; a current workaround is referencing the part studio in versions instead of within the workspace.

Do you run into performance problems even if you're just looking at the part studio without collaborators or other browser tabs pointed at the document?
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc
  • Options
    dick_van_der_vaartdick_van_der_vaart Member Posts: 51 PRO
    Looking is no problem.
    At the moment I'm having about 11 second's regenerationtime and hiding a plane takes 11 seconds.
    I think I will have to wait for Assemblyconfiguration's to build these kind of complicated design's.
    Splitting up into several Part Studio's is no option.
  • Options
    ilya_baranilya_baran Onshape Employees, Developers, HDM Posts: 1,178
    Apologies, I didn't express my self clearly when I said "looking".  What I meant was:
    If you're editing a part studio and have no collaborators and no other tabs open and do not switch to other tabs, are there still slow editing operations?
    If yes, then this may be a new issue we're unaware of and I'd suggest filing a support ticket, sharing your document with support.
    If no, then periodically creating versions of your document and having assemblies/drawings reference the part studio at these versions can be a workaround.
    Splitting the part studio was not one of my suggestions.
    Ilya Baran \ VP, Architecture and FeatureScript \ Onshape Inc