Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Performance Issue on Monitor

Ethan_RejtoEthan_Rejto Member Posts: 4
Today I got a new monitor. Dell UltraSharp 27 Monitor. I noticed significantly worse performance when running Onshape on the monitor vs. on my PC screen. I have display pixel matching off in my preferences. 

Test Results from Monitor.

Test Results from PC:

Comments

• Options
    EvanEvan Onshape Employees Posts: 62
    When in Onshape proper, the performance can differ based on the size of the 3d viewport.  However, for the performance check the output is rendered to a standard size viewport - so there should not be such a significant difference as you are seeing.  The fact that there is suggests there is an issue with either the performance check tool, or in how Chrome is interacting with the second display.

You could try your tests in Firefox to see if you get similar results.  If the results are consistent there, I would suggest filing an issue so we can investigate further.  (Look for "File a bug" or "Feedback" under the ? dropdown)
  • Options
    daniel_cookdaniel_cook Member Posts: 48 PRO
    I assume your PC is a laptop because of the i7-6700HQ chip.

-- Does your laptop have an Nvidia Optimus GPU (dedicated GPU)?
    -- What resolution are you running the Dell display at vs the Inbuilt screen?
    -- When you performance is worse - are you just referring to the Performance Check or actual Onshape modeling?