Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Problems with mirroring fillets

BartonBarton Member Posts: 2
I'm having some problems with mirroring a part and getting the fillets to mirror entirely. The part is totally symmetrical so I wasn't expecting this type of issue but it is only mirroring some of the fillets. It has, however, been an issue in the past also.

Does anyone have the same issue? Any way to fix it other than skipping the mirror command when it comes to fillets?
Tagged:

Answers

• owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    Please will you post a link to the document?
    Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd
  • barry_gibsonbarry_gibson Member Posts: 31 ✭✭
    Morning Owen, may be on the top off this forum page there should be the do's and don'ts on how to post questions.or a read me first before posting. and a bit off a reference on how to post ie a link on how to bring the sketch  or link on to these pages  for you good people to  sort out, just my thoughts on a nice sunny morning in north Yorkshire :)   
  • owen_sparksowen_sparks Member, Developers Posts: 2,660 PRO
    edited April 2018
    Hi Barry.

Please excuse my single line response earlier, it's something we type so often I tend to be lazy.

You raise a good point on the lack of a do's and don'ts, and this is probably why we type the above so often.  ;)

So for your example two things would be helpful.

(1) Link to the doc
    (2) Screen-grab of the problem if it's not obvious. (A wordy description will often be fine instead for simple questions.)

So for 1, this is really easy, just go to your onshape doc and copy the url from the top of your browser like so:-

Then paste that into the forum post like this:-

First click on the link icon highlighted below

and then past in the link copied earlier and you're done.

For the screengrabs this will vary depending on what your set-up is.  Personally I'm on a PC so the easiest way is to hit the "printscreen" button on the keyboard, open "paint", mark it up with arrows etc, save in on my PC and then link to it on the forum post.  This is done in a similar way to the link but with the insert picture icon (two to the right of the link).

Just as a side note there is a share option (blue button, top right of your onshape document) that will generate a read only link for you.  Please, please don't use this.  This will link to a read only version of your document that we can't do anything with.  A helpful forum user offering help will want to copy your document, work with that copy and then post the results for you to see.  The read only link is for vendors and the like, people who you don't want to mess with your files.

Although still a bit brief I hope that helps,

Owen S.  (Sunny South Wales, and that's not something I get to say often.)

Business Systems and Configuration Controller
    HWM-Water Ltd