Welcome to the Onshape forum! Ask questions and join in the discussions about everything Onshape.

First time visiting? Here are some places to start:
  1. Looking for a certain topic? Check out the categories filter or use Search (upper right).
  2. Need support? Ask a question to our Community Support category.
  3. Please submit support tickets for bugs but you can request improvements in the Product Feedback category.
  4. Be respectful, on topic and if you see a problem, Flag it.

If you would like to contact our Community Manager personally, feel free to send a private message or an email.

Options

Drawings really slow

2»

Comments

• Options
    geoff_birchgeoff_birch Member Posts: 8
    I have an .edu account and when we try and load the drawing from Intro to CAD 1.4, it simply shows loading drawing for minutes on end. At home, I can get the drawing to load within 15-20 seconds on a cabled fiber optic connection. The school connection is wifi. Any hints or hacks would be appreciated. I have put in a ticket with the school tech department, but any additional suggestions on optimizing drawing loading time would be appreciated.

https://cad.onshape.com/documents/396bc6ea92061d373039d980/w/640549e60a8f3d56dcd77734/e/440199493ecc365b24e0103c

Thank you.

Geoff B.
  • Options
    david_rubli136david_rubli136 Member Posts: 17 PRO
    Hi, just some honest feedback. Drawings load very slowly in general despite having great internet speed and a godlike PC. This is our general impression across multiple platforms, within different countries, different browsers and computers, etc. and this has been the case for the entirety of our time with Onshape. So no, this time Onshape's performance issue is not the user's fault-  it's not a matter of some super technical and obscure browser setting that only an IT PhD would know, like the other issues generally are.  

Sometimes very simple drawings even take several minutes to load. Nevermind trying to work on drawings when a collaborator is in your document at all- things will nearly grind to a halt.  Super frustrating. 
    Just happened to me again now, for no reason whatsoever.